I’ve been a longtime user of the ADL wrapper (with code from the late Claude Ostyn), and to be honest, it’s pretty much met my needs. But I was never completely comfortable with the wrapper for two reasons: 1) The code is hard to read with confusing and overly complicated looking variable names, and 2) the code made heavy use of global variables, which in this Web 2.0 world is a big no-no. This past week I decided to roll up my sleeves and make a new SCORM API wrapper that takes care of these issues.
I’ve noticed many people use programs like TechSmith SnagIt to get screenshots. While SnagIt is a fine program, I think in many cases it’s overkill. Here’s a really simple way to get screenshots without needing any special software. Grab screenshot using Print Screen. Paste screenshot into Paint. Save in your preferred format (TIF, BMP, GIF, …
While working on a project earlier today, I discovered a nasty little problem… Internet Explorer v7 (IE7) disables prompt() by default! This means you can’t rely on prompt() being available in IE7 when building your online applications. I decided to make a workaround using Microsoft’s proprietary showModalDialog function.
Since I sometimes write about code, I decided to install the Code Markup WordPress plugin. It works very well, and I am enjoying it a great deal (thanks, Bennett).
However, one problem I kept encountering was overflow… when a line of code was so long it would break my layout.
Everyone knows the story: an innocent email address is posted online and a big bad spambot finds it, relaying it to every spammer on the face of the earth… the email address becomes useless due to the 500 spam emails you get every day!