A while back, I posted my method for defeating spambots that harvest email addresses. This post is an update to that original method. It explores cleaner, less obtrusive code approaches and more accessible/usable HTML markup.
The new whitehouse.gov site has received a lot of press since its unveiling a few days ago. Many have rightly given it kudos for bringing a modern sense of design and “Web 2.0”-style social practices to the White House. I agree that the new site is a big improvement, but upon looking under the hood, there are a number of things I’d have done differently. Here’s a quick-hit list (not comprehensive at all)…
Matt Wilcox posted an interesting argument about the CSS3 standard; I think the central points of the argument can be applied to SCORM and where we’re potentially headed with SCORM 2.0.
About six weeks ago, I wrote a post about some issues I was encountering with iframes and cross-domain security. I promised I would write about whatever workaround I decided to use; this post details that workaround.
Here’s a quick rundown on the dos and don’ts.
I’m working on an HTML-based course interface that serves up content in an iframe. I had everything working great until I needed to move the content to one domain while hosting the interface on a different domain (kind of a simplified home-brewed CMS approach). BAM! Cross-domain security issues. Course interface dead in the water.
The biggest selling point for this utility is that it not only contains all of the built-in Captivate ‘variable’ functionality, but it also contains some extra functionality created by chaining some variables together.