A personal retrospective on Internet Explorer, the browser we loved to hate.
Pour a cold one for SWFObject and learnswfobject.com.
Updating PDFObject for the modern web.
When developing web pages, I use my Mac’s built-in Apache or MAMP.app. Viewing the page means using an address such as http://localhost/mypage.html. I decided to make my life a little easier by writing an AppleScript that looks at the open tabs in Chrome and Safari then replaces “localhost” (or custom domain) with my current IP address. Saving this as a service enables me to go to Chrome > Services to run the script.
The limitations of browsers and the HTML5 spec mean you can’t expect a fully 1:1 conversion from Flash to HTML, regardless of libraries like CreateJS.
Just say no to Flash.
Comparing my recent experience with Lion Server to my experience with Snow Leopard Server.
This is a journey into the madness of Internet Explorer. Yes, there is a happy ending.
Three years have passed since PDFObject 1.0 was released, and the browser landscape has changed dramatically. I figured it’s time to dust off PDFObject and see if it can be improved and/or updated for today’s browsers.