I had a hard time sorting this out, so I figured I’d post it in case anyone else needs to know.
Assumptions: You have Parallels v4 for Mac, and have already created an Ubuntu 8.10 image.
- Launch your Ubuntu image (in window mode).
- Go to Virtual Machine > Install Parallels Tools
- A dialog box appears. It contains vague instructions that aren’t very helpful for Linux newbies (hence this blog post). Ignore the instructions and click “continue”.
- A CD icon appears on the desktop, and the window opens displaying the CD contents. You won’t be clicking anything in this window, so go ahead and close it.
- Launch the Terminal by going to Applications > Accessories > Terminal
- Next run the installer by typing
sudo sh /cdrom/installand pressing the return button on the keyboard. You will be prompted to enter your system administrator password.
- The Parallels Tools installer appears. Follow the instructions.
That’s it! You’ll need to reboot the virtual machine, and then you’re good to go.
New SCORM ebook coming soon!
I'm writing an ebook explaining how to build an HTML-based SCORM course. Subscribe to be notified when it's ready, as well as receive early bird pricing and some free goodies!