I decided to post my revised Adobe Captivate publishing template to GitHub, where it can be easily copied, forked, and updated. Currently, the only files are for the Captivate 5.0 and 5.5 templates for SCORM 2004. I hope to add SCORM 1.2 soon, as well as replacing the default ‘standard.htm’ template, which doesn’t use any LMS-related code.
If you take a look at Default.htm on GitHub, you’ll notice I’ve made a few changes since I wrote my series about editing the templates. I moved a few bits of markup/code around, added some configuration options (such as the ability to turn off centering, turn on logging, and require SCORM when loading), and added a ton of comments to explain some of the new options. Hopefully it’s all self-explanatory.
I also made a small edit to manifest2004.xml, and a few edits to scorm_support.js.
To use these template files, do the following:
- Make a backup of your entire publishing folder and put it somewhere safe!
- Go to Captivate’s Templates\Publish\SCORM\2004\ folder and replace Default.htm with the new file.
- Go to Templates\Publish\SCORM\2004\SCORM_support\ and replace scorm_support.js with the new file.
- While you’re in your SCORM_support folder, delete scorm_support.htm and scorm_support.swf, they won’t be used anymore.
- Go to Templates\Publish\ and replace manifest2004.xml with the new file.
- While you’re still in the Templates\Publish\ folder, replace standard.js with the new file.
- Restart Captivate and give it a try!
Find a bug? Think of a good edit for the template? Post a comment here, or better yet, file an issue on GitHub!