Over the last few weeks, I received a few reports that scores were not being saved in the LMS when using my template. Turns out there was a simple oversight on my part, and the issue is fixed. Please download the latest version (v1.20120328) from GitHub.
Now, I’m happy to report I’ve created a replacement for the RightClick.js utility, creatively named SWFRightClick. It uses the same approach to handling right-clicks, but does it with a completely new codebase and a few extra goodies. SWFRightClick is compatible with every edition of SWFObject, and is free to use (MIT license).
Check it out on GitHub. I plan to fold it in to my Captivate publishing templates very soon.
By popular demand, the SCORM 1.2 edition of my revised SCORM publishing templates for Adobe Captivate 5.x is now available on GitHub.
Since the code for my templates will remain on GitHub, I highly suggest checking in from time to time to see if the code has been updated. I won't be posting a blog entry on pipwerks.com for every little edit I make to the code.
I decided to post the revised Adobe Captivate publishing template to GitHub, where it can be easily copied, forked, and updated. I moved a few bits of markup/code around, added some configuration options (such as the ability to turn off centering, turn on logging, and require SCORM when loading), and added a ton of comments to explain some of the new options. Hopefully it's all self-explanatory.
I've heard rumors that the upcoming Captivate 6 will contain a completely revamped SCORM system that eliminates many of the issues I've covered. If this is the case, many of us will surely be elated, perhaps enough to pay for yet another upgrade. This could also help explain why Adobe hasn't addressed the current SCORM publishing template; a complete overhaul of the existing SCORM system -- including the ActionScript code inside the published SWFs -- is a considerable amount of work.
For this blog post, I was going to write a summary of the changes to the template and wrap up the series. Instead, I'm looking at ways to increase the template's flexibility and hot-rod it for some cool other stuff.