Over the last few weeks, I received a few reports that scores were not being saved in the LMS when using my template. Turns out there was a simple oversight on my part, and the issue is fixed. Please download the latest version (v1.20120328) from GitHub.
Since the code for my templates will remain on GitHub, I highly suggest checking in from time to time to see if the code has been updated. I won’t be posting a blog entry on pipwerks.com for every little edit I make to the code.
I decided to post the revised Adobe Captivate publishing template to GitHub, where it can be easily copied, forked, and updated. I moved a few bits of markup/code around, added some configuration options (such as the ability to turn off centering, turn on logging, and require SCORM when loading), and added a ton of comments to explain some of the new options. Hopefully it’s all self-explanatory.
For this blog post, I was going to write a summary of the changes to the template and wrap up the series. Instead, I’m looking at ways to increase the template’s flexibility and hot-rod it for some cool other stuff.
In part one of this series, we published a simple Captivate course and examined its file structure. In this part, we’ll take an in-depth look at the HTML generated by Captivate (using the SCORM 2004 publishing template) and clean it up as much as we can.